Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2017 www.frsc.gov.ng
Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) to spend on N6billion recruitment of new employees this year, according to the Corps Marshall of the board, Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi.
He said the meeting with workers to accept President Muhammadu Buhari, but said that, exercise will only proceed when funds are available.
The federal government created the Federal Road Safety Commission Decree No. 45 of 1988 as amended by Decree 35 of 1992 referred to in the statute books as FRSC Act cap 141 Laws of Federation of Nigeria (LFN).
In particular the Commission is charged with the responsibilities for:
- Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway;
- Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways;
- Educating drivers, motorists and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways;
- Designing and producing the driver’s license to be used by various categories of vehicle operators;
- Determining, from time to time, the requirements to be satisfied by an applicant for a driver’s licence;
- Designing and producing vehicle number plates
- The standardization of highway traffic codes;
- Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents
- Conducting researches into causes of motor accidents and methods of preventing them and putting into use the result of such researches;
- Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices;
- Cooperating with bodies or agencies or groups in road safety activities or in prevention of accidents on the highways;
- Making regulations in pursuance of any of the functions assigned to the Corps by or under this Act.
- Regulating the use of sirens, flashers and beacon lights on vehicles other than ambulances and vehicles belonging to the Armed Forces, Nigeria Police, Fire Service and other Para-military agencies;
- Providing roadside and mobile clinics for the treatment of accident victims free of charge;
- Regulating the use of mobile phones by motorists;
- Regulating the use of seat belts and other safety devices;
- Regulating the use of motorcycles on the highway;
- Maintaining the validity period for drivers’ licences which shall be three years subject to renewal at the
- expiration of the validity period; and
Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2017 On www.frsc.gov.ng
In exercise of the functions, members of the Commission shall have power to arrest and prosecute persons reasonably suspected of having committed any traffic offence.
How To Apply for FRSC Recruitment 2017:
Federal Road Safety Corps recruitment for 2017 is yet to start. Interested claim is sure to visit this site regularly for instant information as a portal for registration opening. Candidates to the question on the FRSC official website: