UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form 2017 | Eligibility and Registration Guide [Full Details].
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form 2017
Authorities of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), School of Postgraduate Studies, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes offered by the institution for the 2017/2018 academic session on full-time and Part-Time basis.
UNILAG Postgraduate – Available Programmes.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., LL.M, etc)
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, MSEM, MRPP, MDF, MHDM, MPE, MDM, MTTFL, etc)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission – General Requirements.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS PGD & M.Sc.
An apply for admission to the program will be:
1. Must possess a Bachelors degree of this University, or an approved University.
2. The person who holds other qualifications (s) recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos.
3. In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition variable, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and / or oral examinations.
1. (i) Candidates who have not completed the national service program or currently undergoing a Postgraduate program need not apply. Such applicants, will be automatically denied.
2. Candidates waiting bachelor’s degree, the results need not apply.
3. The holder of Degree from a Manifesto / Satellite is not eligible to apply.
4. All academic history must Administrative Assistant Registrar / Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the session is requested.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for M.Phil and Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above program:
(I) Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honors degree from this University or an approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
(Ii) Candidates with a degree and a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
(Iii) All candidates and M.Phil. programs must contact the respective section for the formation of leaders and applying.
(Iv) A candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective departments.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(I) A candidate who obtained a degree of Master of Philosophy must be a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(Ii) A candidate who has obtained a degree of Masters of Science must be a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(Iii) Candidates must share with the respective Departments as the formation of actions / leaders are heard.
(Iv) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as will be determined by the department.
M. Phil and Ph.D. programs only, m can be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL candidates for M. Phil./Ph.D. Access IS TO provide historical OF masters’ degree OR evidence MASTER’S level.
- Sale of Application Forms commences onWednesday, 7th June, 2017 and ends on Friday, 28th July, 2017.
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted online not later thanFriday, 4thAugust, 2017.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal,http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2017/2018 Applications link
- Confirm your eligibility and availability of your desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of the sum ofN22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only)for the Form, the SPGS Abridged Prospectus and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment:Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- Online Payment:Click the PayNow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
- THE FORM,PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1,000 CHARGE).
- After submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the “Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required at the examination venue).
- Kindly note the following:
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form 2017
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as:*Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results) * NYSC Certificate * Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Department for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations/Interviews on the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies Websitehttp://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
For further information, please contact:
Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary,
School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Yaba, Lagos.
E-mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about UNILAG Postgraduate Admission 2017, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.